For more information on the upcoming 2016 IBU World Cup Biathlon at the Nordic Heritage Center on February 11-14, 2016 please click here.
Be sure to check out the 2015 Nordic Trail Festival this weekend, July 31-August 2 at the Nordic Heritage Center! Click here for more information.
August 1st to the 3rd, the Nordic Trail Festival is back!
Our annual festival returns this summer with even more action! August 1st to 3rd the Nordic Heritage Sport Club will proudly host the Nordic Trail Festival, a celebration of community, trails and lifestyle. This year’s festival is also serving as a fundraiser to help bring Adaptive Programming to our community. Your support will help us offer youth and adult adaptive nordic ski programming this coming winter!
Whether you want to tackle the trails for a full day of running or biking, or relax and take part in a variety of events, this weekend should not be missed. Enjoy live music, games, contests, food, racing and the awesome trails of the Nordic Heritage Center, all with the spectacular backdrop of a Northern Maine summer!
The Nordic Trail Festival is open to all ages and ability levels and spectators are welcome to come and enjoy the event. Volunteers are also needed – email us at email@example.com for more information.
From Thursday, Feb. 6th thru Tuesday, Feb. 11th the L.L.Bean Bootmobile will be making tracks throughout the County, visiting outdoor events and venues. Residents and outdoor enthusiasts will have the opportunity to take photos with the larger-than-life version of the outdoor retailer’s most iconic product. Since 2012 the Bootmobile has been visiting cities and parks across the country, inspiring people to get outdoors. During 2014 the journey continues as the Bootmobile delivers the “Discover Something” message.
For more information about L.L.Bean’s activities and the Bootmobile visit www.llbean.com.
WHEN & WHERE:
Feb. 6: 2 PM – 5 PM- Big Rock Ski Area, Mars Hill
Feb. 7: 11 AM – 2 PM- UMPI Winter Carnival, Presque Isle
2:45 PM – 4:45 PM- Nordic Heritage Ctr., Presque Isle!!!!
5 PM –7 PM- Quoggy Jo Ski Center, Presque Isle
Feb. 8: 9 AM- 3 PM- Aroostook Youth Ski Festival/Ski Sprints, Caribou
Feb. 9: 9 AM- 11AM- 10th Mtn. Ski Center, Fort Kent
1 PM-4PM- Lonesome Pines Ski Area, Fort Kent
Feb.10: 11AM-2PM-UMFK Winter Carnival, Fort Kent
3 PM-5PM- Four Seasons Lodge & Trail Association, Madawaska
Feb. 11:8 AM-10 AM- Aroostook State Park, Presque Isle
In partnership with TAMC, the Youth Ski Program is back for another great winter and this year we’re working with the Quoggy Jo Ski Club to provide a full day of fun on XC and downhill skis! Join us each Saturday for a fun filled free ski lesson!
Children in grades 1-8 are welcome. Little ones 5 and under are invited to join if they are accompanied by an adult. Older students are encouraged to participate by volunteering to help. Lessons are designed to accommodate all levels of skiers.
Starting Saturday, January 11th, we’ll meet every Saturday through March 15th, weather permitting.
Bring skis, warm clothes and smiles!
When: Saturdays (starting1/11/14)
Where: Nordic Heritage Center & Quoggy Jo, Presque Isle, Maine
- Cross-Country Skiing will take place from 10 AM to 11:30 AM at the Nordic Heritage Center, followed by hot cocoa and snacks in the lodge.
- Downhill Skiing will take place from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM at Quoggy Jo, with skiing available after until 4 PM.
Fees: The instructional program is FREE to any and all youth. Associated Fees are as follows:
- Seasonal XC Ski Package Rental (available through Nordic Heritage Sport Club) – $55 + $15 refundable security deposit
- Quoggy Jo Lift Ticket – $8 / day (season passes available for individuals and families)
- Downhill Ski Package Rental (available first come, first serve on a daily basis) – $12
Registration: To register simply show up to either the Nordic Heritage Center at 10 AM or Quoggy Jo at 1 PM. All participants must have separate waivers signed by parents / guardians before they can participate.
- Participants are not required to do both cross-country and downhill, though we highly encourage it!
- We are always looking for parent volunteers. Please consider signing up one weekend to help in the lodge or out on snow.
- Look for updates on Facebook at facebook.com/nordicheritagesportclub
- For more information or to volunteer please contact:
Hope to see you there!!!